- 1 package Filo pastryaround 16-18 sheets
- 6 Eggs
- 400 g Sirene
- 400 g Yogurt
- 200 g Butter
- 0.5 tsp Sodium bicarbonate
Another example of totally divine Bulgarian taste. Eggs, sirene and filo pastry in the first place. Secondly, an unique aroma spreading around the kitchen. A recipe to receive compliments for. Banitsa – Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- use Bulgarian or Feta cheese
- do not forget to pre-heat the oven
- serve it with yogurt or ayran
- if you want it extra soft, cover it with towel right after taking it from the oven
Brush rectangular big pan with butter and put the first pastry filo sheet, brush it again with butter and put the second one. After butter, spread over the second one some of the eggs and yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with cheese crumbles. Repeat the process - brush every pastry sheet and put the filling over every second sheet. Finish with two sheets brushed with butter.