- 6 Egg whites
- 300 g Sugar
- 10 g White Vinegar
- 10 g Cornstarch
- A pinch of Salt
- 500 g Heavy cream
- 30 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 600 g fresh BerriesMix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
Crispy and tender meringues, fluffy whipped cream with just a little bit of sweetness and wild berries abundant in colors and vitamins. Beautiful painting of the blooming season indeed. Irresistible, light and easy dessert. Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- Separate the egg whites very carefully. Detach them from the egg yolks with extra care. Place them in an absolutely dry bowl
- When distributing the meringue mixture over the parchment paper, you may leave some distance
- You may prepare a two layer meringue Pavlova instead of three
- Detach the ready meringues from the parchment paper only after complete cooling down with cooking spatula
Put the egg whites and the salt in mixing bowl and start whipping at medium speed. Continue until soft peaks are achieved. Add the sugar in portions and whip for another 7-8 minutes until you have thick, white and glossy texture.
Add the vinegar and the cornstarch and stir well but carefully using spatula.
Place parchment paper over the baking tin. Trace 3 circles, about 15 cm in diameter each, by using ring or plate. Divide the egg whites mixture into 3 equal quantities and spoon them into the traced circles.
Preheat the oven at 150 C. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until dry and crispy on the outside. Remove, let them cool down and carefully detach from the parchment paper.
Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed. Add the sugar and the vanilla and whip to mix well.
Assembling is easy and consists of three similar steps. Start with the first meringue placed over serving plate. Spread 1/3rd of the whipped cream and scatter about 200 g of the fresh berries over.
Place the second meringue, spread another 1/3rd cream and 200 g of the fresh berries again.
Finish with the third meringue and the last 1/3rd of the cream. Sprinkle the remaining 200 g of fresh berries. Decorate with fresh mint and enjoy.