- 80 g Flour
- 15 g Cocoa
- 3 Egg whites
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100 g Sugar
- 80 g Powdered sugar
- 200 g Mascarpone
- 20 ml Raspberry wine
- 80 g Sugar
- 30 ml Water
- 35 ml Raspberry wine
- 50 g Butter
- 300 g Chocolate
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 Egg yolks
- 100 g Sugar
Let’s fly away into a chocolate winter fairytale. Cocoa roll, mascarpone cream, chocolate glaze and raspberry aroma. Pleasure, satisfaction and mood catalizator.Chocolate log – Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- You can add a pinch of salt when you prepare something with cocoa to strengthen the flavor
- When adding the egg whites with the sugar into the egg yolks stir in only in one direction. Do it fast in order the mixture to remain fluffy
- Use a wet towel to roll the sponge. It will be easier for modeling it later
- You can move hot chocolate cream into a new bowl for faster cooling down
- If you do not have an icing bag, spread the chocolate cream with spatula and made the tree look-a like decoration with fork
Mix flour with cocoa and put aside. Separate yolks and whites in two different bowls. Whisk the 4 yolks. Whisk the egg whites with the sugar with a mixer to achieve foamy stiffness. Add the egg whites to the egg yolks mixture in portions. Use spatula to avoid and gently mix in one direction. Add flour and cocoa little by little and stir well to homogeneity.
Take a baking dish and cover it with baking paper. Pour the dough mixture into one layer 1 cm thick. Bake at 200 C in a pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes.
Roll the ready sponge, while it is still warm and in baking paper, with a wet towel and put it aside to rest. This is done at this stage in order the dessert to acquire the desired rolled form and the sponge to remain elastic.
Rolling the sponge
Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie at a low temperature. Add butter and stir well until butter melts as well. Remove from the heat. Add yolks one by one and again stir in between - do it very fast to evenly incorporate the yolks. Put the cream aside to cool.
Whisk the egg whites with the sugar in a mixer to achieve foamy stiffness. Add it to the chocolate and stir well with a spatula. Leave the cream in refrigerator for an hour to stiff well.