- 230 g Plums
- 350 g Sugar
- 100 ml Water
- 50 g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 80 g Strained yogurt
- 0.5 tsp Lemon peel
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla
- 200 g Flour
- 0.5 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 tsp Powdered sugar
Great way to use plums in season. Full of aromas and caramelized to perfection. Ideal to meet guests with as a delicious companion to the afternoon coffee. Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- Better sift the flour and have the butter and the eggs at room temperature
- Don’t use baking dish with removable ring for caramel type desserts
- Usually some caramel remains in the baking dish. To utilize it, heat slightly the pan to loose it, then distribute over the cake
- You may serve with a scoop of ice cream or sour cream as well
- Try also the batter from the Apple caramel cake recipe
Generously grease 25 cm baking dish and arrange the plums in it with the cut side down.
In medium saucepan combine 200 g sugar with the water. Cook on high heat until it gets tender amber color. Don’t stir the caramel, swirl the pan from time to time only. When it is ready, pour it evenly and carefully over the plums. Let it cool a bit.
Meanwhile, take big bowl and combine the last 150 g of sugar with the melted butter. Use electric mixer for a minute and add the eggs. Continue mixing for another 2 minutes. Add the strained yogurt, the lemon peel and the vanilla. Turn the mixer again for several rounds. Finally add the flour /depending on its type, you might eventually add one more egg/, the baking powder and the salt. Beat again at low speed until all is homogeneous.
Pour the cake batter evenly over the plums and the caramel and put in preheat oven at 180 C for 30 to 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out dry and clean. Set aside to cool down and turn it with extra care over flat serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with powdered sugar.