- 50 ml Sunflower oil
- 300 g Onions
- 1 tbs Savory
- 1 tsp Red pepper
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200 g Sirene
- 200 g Tomatoesfrom a tin
- 3 Eggs
Soft onions, thick sirene, juicy tomatoes and tasty eggs. Symphony of taste and aromas cooked in the cozy clay pot named gyuvetch. Have a plate full and dip pieces of bread in, enjoying the melting and overwhelming moments at your own pace. Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- You may use fresh tomatoes instead of canned and/or different type of sirene
- Always put clay pot in a cold oven and then turn the oven on
- Make few holes with a fork in the egg yolks before returning to oven. This will prevent them bursting from the heat. You may also increase the number of eggs used
- Try other ideas for cooking in a clay pot
- You may also use smaller clay pots for individual serving
Arrange the clay pot with the hot onions at the bottom, the sirene tiles and the tinned tomatoes (leave them whole for better texture). Close with the lid and place in oven. Bake at 200 C for 40 minutes.
Take out, remove the lid and break 3 eggs inside. Do not stir. Return to oven for 10 minutes more, this time without lid for eggs to get well cooked. Serve with bread and enjoy the mix of flavors and tasty sauce as well. Spice the dish some more with serving with chilli peppers.