Terms & Conditions
This website (the “Site”) is operated by Carpe Diem Co Ltd.. The Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) that follows describes Carpe Diem Co Ltd.’s collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. Also, please note that this Site contains links to other websites. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. and its Affiliates are not responsible for the websites, content or privacy practices of any third party. By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read this Statement and agree that you are subject to the Carpe Diem Co Ltd./Terms & Conditions.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of car you are looking for). Carpe Diem Co Ltd. collects personally identifiable information only when you choose to provide it. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to use certain services on this Site. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information through the Site in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; (b) subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email; (c) using the Site’s “Feedback”, “Get a Quote” and “More Information” forms; and (d) in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide will depend on the nature of the submission, but could include your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
IP Address Logs: Carpe Diem Co Ltd. also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the Internet. Cookies allow Carpe Diem Co Ltd. to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site’s forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows Carpe Diem Co Ltd. to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of Carpe Diem Co Ltd. advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website did you go to, etc.). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site’s features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding Site usage that is collected and/or aggregated by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as “Usage Data.”
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information that you submit on the Site may be stored on Carpe Diem Co Ltd. servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. for any of the following purposes:
. To confirm or fulfil a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you a price quote or other information you have requested, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may share your contact information with a participating Carpe Diem Co Ltd. partner).
. To communicate with you regarding the Carpe Diem Co Ltd. service (e.g., Carpe Diem Co Ltd.may send you emails to confirm a price quote request or to request that you participate in a survey).
. To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email or otherwise, but only if you have indicated that you wish to receive such materials.
. To permit Affiliates or other third parties to whom Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may disclose personally identifiable information in accordance with this Statement (including its partners or advertisers) to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages.
. To improve your user experience.
. For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes and to compile aggregate and anonymous information. Usage Data:
Usage Data is used by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may use statistical analysis of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
1. Affiliates. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates’ disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
2. Site Requests. If you request information or services from a third party through the Site, you agree that Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may share your personally identifiable information as may be necessary for third parties to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example if through the Site you request additional information from a financial institution, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. will share your information with that institution. Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have already submitted the information to the third party as described above.
After the information is provided to such third parties, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
3. Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. and a third party, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
4. Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is Carpe Diem Co Ltd.’s policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third party direct marketing materials, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may share personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although Carpe Diem Co Ltd. will notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
5. Service Providers. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may work with third parties that provide analytical, development, research and other services on its behalf. For example, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf.
6. E-mail List Opt-Outs. In the event Carpe Diem Co Ltd. sends promotional e-mails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform Carpe Diem Co Ltd. you wish to opt out of future promotional e-mails from a particular third party, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. will share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
7. Other. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process; (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse, or unauthorized use of the Site; (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service.
E-mail a Page
The Site offers you the ability to email certain pages of the Site to a friend or other third party. The “Email a Page” functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats. Information collected by Carpe Diem Co Ltd. through the “Email a Page” functionality shall be used in accordance with this Statement.
Changes to this Statement
Notification of Changes: Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as “Updated”. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes. In the event of such changes, you can then choose to do nothing or change your email preferences. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from Carpe Diem Co Ltd., you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters and promotions. Please note that Carpe Diem Co Ltd. indefinitely maintains archival copies of information submitted by or relating to you.
Your personally identifiable information is one of our most valuable assets. It is kept physically secure in our data centres and is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of its servers and databases. Moreover, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted.
Carpe Diem Co Ltd. believes that it is especially important to protect children’s privacy online. Carpe Diem Co Ltd. does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and Carpe Diem Co Ltd. does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at Carpe Diem Co Ltd. by visitors younger than 13 years old.
This Site contains links to other sites. While Carpe Diem Co Ltd. encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies that build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet, Carpe Diem Co Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.