3 kg Strawberries
1.5 kg Sugar
2 tbs Lemon juice
Making a jam is a wonderful option to “steal” time from the short strawberry season and keep it in a jar for later. Fragrant and juicy, indeed irresistible in pancakes, cakes, waffles or just on a toast of bread. Soo Tasty with Soo Foodies!
- Choose the best strawberries for better jam quality
- How to know that jam is ready? Put a single drop on a porcelain plate and bend the plate. If the drop remains intact, the jam is ready
- Try the recipe with other fruits as well
- Surely, a nice idea for a gift
- Strawberry jam is an ingredient for the Strawberry shortcake passion
Clean the strawberries and put them into deep saucepan. Leave like this for couple of hours to release their juice. Put on the hot plate and increase heat to high. Bring to boil and then reduce to low temperature. Discard the foam on the surface from time to time. Cook until mixture thickens, about 1.5-2 hours.